Top Ten Tuesday: My Fall To-Read List
So many good books coming out in the near future! Here’s my top ten to-read for this fall, in no particular order:
1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Final book in a trilogy, and a great mix of myth and young adult storytelling.
2. Silverblind by Tina Connolly
What started as a take on Jane Eyre with fae folk turned into a great story with plenty of action.
3. Poison Fruit by Jacqueline Carey
Another trilogy closer, and I like its mix of fantasy and the “normal” world.
4. Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
Yet another ending to a trilogy, this one set in England and dealing with a family of magic users.
5. Strike by D. J. MacHale
More ending to trilogies? Yep! This is a guilty pleasure, heavy on action and things going boom.
6. The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
AAAAA NEW KINGKILLER STORY I DON’T CARE IF IT’S ONLY A NOVELLA AAAAAAAAAA!!!
7. Empire of Glass by Miriam Forster
Sequel to the lovely City of a Thousand Dolls… very lush and evocative prose.
8. Symbiont by Mira Grant
Another chance for Grant to freak me out? Why, yes please.
9. Closer to Home by Mercedes Lackey
I keep hoping that Valdemar will get better again, and hope springs eternal…
10. Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle
Role playing gone horribly wrong, with a mystery to boot.